- TODD A. SMITH, NMD -
Doctorate, Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Smith attended medical school at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences (SCNM) in Tempe, Arizona. In addition to his studies, he also served as a Teaching Assistant (TA) for many faculty members (MD’s and PhD’s) and was actively involved in volunteering, medical missions, and student mentoring programs.
- Dr. Smith graduated first in his class receiving the "Highest Academic Achievement" award.
- He also received the "Outstanding Student Leadership Award" in recognition of his commitment to academic excellence, the school, the community, and the advancement of the profession.
Academic / Teaching
Dr. Smith continued his passion and love for teaching, becoming an adjunct faculty member at SCNM where he taught and supervised medical students. He also served as an adjunct faculty member at allied health schools in the Valley, teaching anatomy, physiology and basic pathology.
Before merging his practice with Dr. Peruch in 2016, Dr. Smith has held positions at both integrative and conventional practices throughout the Valley, including: a 40-bed in-patient addiction medical center; an integrative practice offering general medical services; a high-volume conventional family medicine clinic predominately serving refugees from all over the world; and a conventional family medicine practice offering comprehensive primary care services.
SPECIAL CLINICAL INTERESTS
While Dr. Smith is trained in Family Medicine and has treated a wide variety of chronic health conditions, he has special clinical interests in cardiovascular and metabolic conditions:
- Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol & Triglycerides
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib)
- Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Type 2, and Diabesity
- Metabolic Syndrome